Cator is a founding partner and signatory of “Red Española del Pacto Mundial de las Naciones Unidas”.
It’s an international initiative that aims to achieve voluntary commitment in social responsibility amongst companies. This commitment is acquired through the implementation of ten points based on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
To evaluate the commitment of the companies adhered to the Global Compact (www.pactomundial.org), each entity must hold an annual report identifying their progress in the field of Social Responsibility and giving greater credibility to the initiative, making it more transparent.
Cator supports the ten bullet points expressing its intention of promoting them firmly within the company and beyond.
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- The effective abolition of child labour
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery